Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Editing Exercise





  • As I'm scurrying around the house, I'm gathering things that I will need for my perfect day in the sun.
  • Up ahead I saw a long vast line of people standing on the side of the road, and as I got closer to the scene I got curious; I slowed my car and hopped out.
  • As the buildings fly by us, my father starts to swerve back and forth on the deserted roadway, and I realize just how drunk he is.
  • She has an old rusted shopping cart with her; where she put the little bit of food that she had, and the rats were crawling all over it trying to get the leftovers.
  • I tumble over my feet as I walk through the great city; my mind races as I was replaying what happened tonight.
  • ...but he's shaking more violently than Debra and me.
  • As we are walking, people are starting to shovel off their steps and snow-blow their driveways.
  • All of those absurd little moments are the ones I have come to treasure the most.
  • Looking at the collar to discover whose dog this was, I saw the ring.
  • Was I going to decay slowly like the others, or would I be shot down by one of the enemy's bullets?
  • Without looking I know I look like a train-wreck not going to lie. My hair, which I used to take much pride in, has become too long, thin, and feeble; not to mention my developing beard is now turning messy and scraggly...
  • All of a sudden, Katy Perry's hit song "Teenage Dream" started playing. It was my time to shine.
  • He always had an optimistic view on life. He thought today would be different, he would put the bottle down as promised; but the promise got broken.
  • So I haul myself out of bed and make my way down stairs to the kitchen. My tired eyes are still adjusting but I can see and hear my mother by the telephone talking to someone loudly.
  • I run the few feet over to my neighbours house and as best I can, choke out what has happened, they are in shock, they quickly call 911 and explain what has happened.
  • ...somehow I traded my soft, satin and silky bed sheets for hard, slowly decaying blocks of concrete, I had officially hit rock bottom.
  • Roofs are caved in everywhere, every home is destroyed, why Gafilo why?
  • As me and the rest of my choir waited on the side of the stage in our black suede track suits.
  • My mind entered overdrive, I couldn't beat this guy with the state that my car was in, but I have not turned down a race, I needed to win.
  • Then she led him into a room, where paint brushes were laying everywhere and where many colour palettes were waiting to be used.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment